Pages

Thursday 25 November 2021

Kapa Haka 2021

 Last week Moana syndicate performed our Kapa Haka bracket, but because of Covid restrictions we couldn't perform to a live audience so we videoed it. 

We started with Utaina, a song about paddling your waka and that song was lead by Zoe. That was quickly followed by Ka Waiata a song about Mary, Jesus mother. Then E Rona, lead by me, that was our Poi song. Afterwards Zoe and I lead Ka Panapana and during the middle of Panapana the girls walked to the back with the boys walking forward. Max and Stavis then lead the Wainu Haka and to bring the the girls back to the front Koka Sue played the starting part of Toia Mai then Zoe and I lead that together and suddenly it was all over! Suddenly all my nerves were gone and I could look forward to the intermediate interview I was going to have that afternoon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about