Pages

Wednesday 22 September 2021

Cross country

 Our class had been preparing for cross country for weeks on end, and today we finally could do it ! In practises I had been coming second most of the time, so I felt kind of confident. Year 6 girls were first up, so I lined up with my friends ( more like rivals ! ) and tried to loosen up my muscles because I was cramping up I was so nervous. 

Koka Sue took a picture of us in our starting poses and then counted us in, On your marks, get set , GO ! I sprinted up ahead with Charlotte M ( a very fast girl who usually wins sprints and cross country and things like that ), Charlotte A ( my friend  rival ) and Kale'a my other friend  ultimate rival ! Soon we had blown the pack apart and the people who weren't up front with the sprinters had already sort of tired themselves out trying to catch up with us. 

We soon settled into our normal pace and continued on. After the second hill Josie had caught up to me and passed me and I made a mental note to pass her once I caught my breath. Turns out Josie was faster than I thought or I took longer to catch my breath but anyways she finished in 4th. The run was as groeling as user well but there was a light drizzle so I didn't over heat that much. 

It was a race for 5th between Charlotte A and I. She would gain a little ,then slow down, I would pass her and then she would catch up to me again. This repeated a few times before she had to stop to tie her shoe lace. I took this opportunity to try and catch up to Josie. I failed. Charlotte caught up to me but then had to tie her shoelace, AGAIN ! I tried to speed up a bit to make the gap between Josie and I smaller. Nearing the end I heard panting and a slight stomping of feet I looked behind me to see Charlotte A,  AAHHH !! I sprinted to the finish to get 5th place,  Charlotte close behind me. 

Charlotte M got 1st, Kale'a in second, Lola in 3rd , Josie 4th and me in 5th. I think that I ran as hard as I could and had fun. My favourite part was the big hill because there was a downhill and then the uphill and I love pushing myself up the hill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about